Tuesday, February 22, 2005

back in my alma mater

i'm currently sitting in the teachers' office in RG... got a job relieving chem [of all things] until friday. believe me, i have no idea what possessed me to agree to teach a subject that i have not touched in years. maybe it was the prospect of coming back to the place that i loved so much and being in a familiar environment all over again. but i was seriously freaking out last night, reading the chem textbook, refreshing my memory about bonds.. covalent and ionic and all that jazz. i was also throwing out everything from my closet just finding proper stuff to wear to school.. and so far i've only settled today's and tomorrow's clothes.. i have no idea wat to wear. i've been a denim, short skirt kinda girl.. absolutely nono for a teacherly look.
maybe he's right. i seek thrill in my life. taking risks. just thinking about the stuff i've done in my life so far and i actually think he's right. i love the excitement. i like routine but i don't like boredom.whatever.
in any case, i've been spending the morning going through the power point slides for tml's lessons. i've had only one prac today with the sec 3s and it went pretty ok i must say. hung around after lesson to talk to a bunch of them and was faced with a barrage of questions.. what school i was from, what cca.. yadda yadda.
its been real nice to see my old teachers. had coffee in the pantry with mrs lim who has been really nice..making sure the prac stuff are already done, talking to me, introducing me to teachers. and i met ms lim in the toilet!! will always remember her and her cleaning duties..then there's lee laoshi who's pregnant again.. chen laoshi who remembers me from sec 2! all right. haha. yea.. and i just said hi to mrs chia... the psb days.
i'm rambling away... and quite happy to be here. but tml is gonna be a heavy day.. 2 pracs and 2 lessons as compared with today..

i've always loved rgs and i always will.. everything.. it all seems to fit like a glove. seeing the gals at prac reminded me of the endless laughs i had in the labs.. the wonderful building.. the canteen food which totally rox. absolutely smashing dah-ling.

wen at 12:49 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment