Sunday, February 13, 2005

move ya body girl

the new year's been pretty good i must say.
thurs: i decided to go pink and wear a flower in my hair. visited my grandma while my dad nagged at my supposed too low top [ but hey... my aunt got it for me. ain't my fault.]and so we bumped into my uncle's 2 english friends there as well and i was charmed by their accent. how absolutely charming dahling.its the same with jude law... so anyway, one of them was being pretty amusing with his jokes abt the nazis and the jews and the fortune cat.. oh and i had pretty good champagne as well. brings back memories of champagne in melbourne with loads of good food. then i was whisked off to the airport to see lim off in my cousin's uber funky mercedes sports... ahhh.. i want one too. it was fun cruising along the highway.
saying goodbye is always hard but i guess it was even harder for him to say goodbye to so many people. hugs n tears n heartache n touching heartfelt words.. i'll miss him. went over to my uncle's place after that where everyone had steamboat dinner which i missed for bk. in any case i always love my uncle's place during new year.. loads of goodies. haha. but thats not the point. i think the creative genes run in the family which somehow skipped me. my elder cousin is now into making earrings and she intends to set up an online business and her earrings are really funky. i bought one pair while she gave me another for my belated birthday cum christmas present..her earrings have been hot property amongst the relatives. everyone has been buying them on the spot. including me.

had some girl time on fri at billy bombers then at coffee club then at spotlight. real happy n excited for a close friend... :) listening to the OST of shall we dance and my feet feel all so jiggly. one moment i wanna sizzle the dance floor with a sexy tango,or even sway my hips to the rhythm of salsa and the next i want to dance to the swing of the big band, and then there's the nice waltz and the slow piano for the dance you save for your special someone..

yesterday was spent visiting leslie's, justin's n xiaofeng's houses. lots of mahjong and blackjack.. was doing pretty ok throughout the day not losing or winning and then i lost a whole lot of money in the nite on mahjong.. *grumbles* i don't wanna play already. blame it on bad fengshuai. i only like gamed a pathetic 3 times or something not to mention i had to get someone to take over.. i couldnt last. but utimately it was a day of a whole lot of food,noise, new year greetings and lots of fun.
---------
vday is on monday and i guess its real shallow how people compare the size of their bouquets. but somehow i suppose its the human paradox. one always wants attention and to be the object of admiration.. no matter how much of a saint you are, underneath it all, there's always something that wants it. a matter of reason and emotion. childish or even primal you might call it but thats the way people are.
vday is too over publicized and too trite you might say. but somehow one can't help but want something on that day.. couples go out for the sake of it [cuz everyday is vday to them[, singles grab their friends and have fun to show that its no biggie, friends [esp girls] get vday presents for their girlfriends.. (i know i used to do that in school and yes it feels good to get something too )the rest just simply can't be bothered.in denial.. i might say.

and its back to work tml... nooo.

wen at 12:14 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment