Thursday, March 10, 2005

its hard to let go

i went back to RJ today to get my certs certified.. i think i'll never get used to the school being that big. for the crumbling-to-dust shack the ghim moh campus was, i like it so much better than the new one. cosy corners.. the breezy canteen with the view of the field, ts corridors which threaten to break apart each time you step on "the spot".. the library which i grew acustomed to and made it my regular hideout during the exams..with the library gang..smuggling sweets to keep myself awake in the library, running around the track before the library opens to kick start the day, canteen food, wednesdays when we were all chased away by the cleaning aunties, trainings, lovely sunsets, those 'glances'.. the times when i looked out for your, ghim moh food: chicken and duck rice, dessert, tang yuan ... classes in the ts, the insane air conditioning..
i see the j1s and i'm thinking.. kids, have the time of your lives. i know i've said that i'll not miss RJ.. but i've figured that no matter how little your 'love' is for anything, once that something has become a routine, leaving it seems to be leaving a little part of you behind once you've gotten used to it.
i must have said this a gazillion times but i miss uniformed days. life was so much simpler.. it was just mugging your ass off and playing just as hard. just manage your pocket money.. running off to watch movies, pigging out, tutorials and essays..i wish i'd known better.
these few days have been spent thinking quite abit about the future.. universities, planning my schedule, attempting to spend time with justin, starting a new job next monday, driving... friends..
each step you take, each decision you make, the greater the impact it has on your life.
and i'm so sorry to my babe... i really forgot the date.. didn't mean to. I'll make it up to you.. somehow.
it seems like murphy's law works all the time. when there are no jobs available, all is quiet on the job front. and suddenly today, i got a call from ocbc telling me that there was a temp job opening. then i went for an interview at recruitexpress in the afternoon as a temp job consultant and boy did it feel stressful.. as in it was fast paced and yadayada.. well it seemed challenging, and the manager who interviewed me was like perhaps the epitome of a career woman... just after i was done with the interview, my cuz called to tell me she's got a job for me too..
and so i took up the job my cuz got me.. it pays well [relatively] and its right smack in town too.. general admin duties, i can handle.. so, yay.
gotta look the corporate part so i found a jacket on offer and so with my resident fashion consultant cum [un]willing porter in tow, i went down to get it..
oh and i finally signed up for driving lessons.. which means i've gotta start mugging hard for my basic theory.. can't afford to flunk it. urgh.
sakae dinner was good. but the company was better.. its a diff feeling meeting each other after a few days as compared to seeing each other everyday.
3 more weeks before he gets shipped over to tekong..

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you
I'd live and I'd die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can?t say what a love can do
I'll be there for you

-bon jovi's I'll Be There

wen at 10:48 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment