Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A matter of fact

A common environment seems to me an issue of convenience. People get conveniently thrown together and then they make friends. Being out of that common environment i.e. RJ changes things. It seemingly removes a need that people have. Being in school, people felt more of a need to stick to the people they were familiar with.. people in class, in the same cca.. being out of school, one tends to say hi to those you've probably only made eye contact with but never felt the need to say hi to. Maybe by being out of school people don't have that usual group somewhere within a 1 km radius to return to and hang out and this means they bother to say hi to other people. shrugs. Correct me if I'm wrong. But once that backdrop of school is removed, people also drift apart. That lowest common denominator is now replaced by ?. People you probably used to hang out with by default now drift away. Both parties probably never clicked in a way you wished they had. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Somehow the same process replays over and over again.. just like how it was with my primary school best friend/s. Funny how "friends forever" was dispensed out of everyone as easily as buying those polar biscuits from the school canteen. hur. who were we kidding.

But I guess, it also reaffirms the friendships that you have and had.. those people who meet up regularly... just call and say.. lets go for a meal. Guess after graduating, I've talked to people whom I never really had a proper conversation with in those 2 years there.

my girls.. those who just spend simple pleasures like a meal together with me.. at the turkish place at far east,marche during my lunch hour which i dragged to make it one and a half for them, spinellis, going for dance classes and rugby sevens together, making enthusiastic plans for a movie and a manicure cum pedicure then suddenly realizing.. whoops, the guys will be out on the weekend...

thank you all.

wen at 2:55 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment