Friday, April 22, 2005

you feel me?

I think I totally switched off during the philosophy section of GP during my JC days. I avoided all essay topics on that unless I didn't have a choice at all. Sure, all those theories on their own were interesting but put them all together and think about them more and it just means a mega headache. Everything seems to make sense and at the same time it doesn't.I kinda just skimmed through everything I supposed.

But I just finished Albert Camus' The Outsider.. (I think it is on one of Evan's lengthy booklists. Funny how I used to wonder what he would think abt each book I read considering that book reviews were at stake.And I think that sometimes, this shadow still lingers around.So... he would approve huh. why I bother I have no idea)and I think I was so dense I gained so much more insight from reading just those 2 pages of afterword than the whole book. But I suppose it did get me thinking. To be accepted in this game called Society, your reactions to things are conditioned to conform with the norm.. saying more than is true,and in the case of the human heart, saying more than one feels. We all do it, every day, to make life simpler. and its so damn true. To have everyone totally honest about their emotions is an ideal. But to have them 'stretch the truth' a little sometimes is a lubricant essential. To detach from worldly desires.. hur. reminds me so much about lit..

but yes that wil be good. somehow i've been seeing so much and hearing about so much competition nowadays and blog surfing and reading about people wondering about finding meaning. I think sometimes, competition comes to a stage where it becomes meaningless and just stifling. People lose sight of what is important.
i mean after awhile in the working world... i see people just living for the weekend to come round.
******
In other news.. its friday! and the weekend's here. alls good.Just that I think, its time I get down to thinking abt my law interview and mugging my final theory and doing more of my personal reading and spending time on some 'project' i set for myself.. and yes time for all the people i love.. time time time.

huh. now this is seriously a clash of east and west. some horoscope thing i read at work based on the chinese animals said that as a tiger i'm supposed to hate the law..
while.. as a scorpio, given my nature, i'm suited for criminal justice..
hmmm.

wen at 11:25 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment