Monday, June 20, 2005

beauty and the bitch

I had my virgin[insert lots of screams,squeals and fun] attempt at ice skating today.

wing and i travelled all the way to kallang with much enthusiasm only to discover that leisure park was demolished. I think we stood there pretty much gawking at the rubble.Shocked n surprised, we had to confirm it with the bus driver and then some random guy at the bustop. We are so behind the times.
But, undaunted, we travelled to the other end of Singapore. Jurong. I told her that we were pretty much having a tour of Singapore.

And I was thinking to myself.. gee, I'm so near yet so far to you.

Fuji Ice Palace is in NEED of an unpgrading. It looked like something out of the 80s.

Of course to get our money's worth, wing and I just had to pay student price.

Man, Some kids are so pro. and being kids, you don't give a damn and just chiong, you don't care how you fall or how many times you fall. (besides, they have a lower CG) so kids who were pro were zooming around while kids were falling all around me as I gripped at the edge of the skating rink for dear life.
But yes, i managed to make a few tentative steps without having to hold on to anything at the end of the day.

Well, I had to make it across the rink without the support of the sides cuz one end was blocked off for lessons. So i was just standing there attempting to look nonchalant and some guy asked if i needed help across. which of course was what i needed. So he skated beside me until i got to the other side. Which was all fine and dandy of course.
I didn't want to hold wing back too much either so i told her to go off on her own.
So the guy found me alone for the second time and offered to take me across.. And yes, in an attempt at choosing the lesser of 2 evils, i held his hand and made it across. the other option was to fall flat and embarass myself.

Maybe he thought he got lucky. But sorry, i don't give my number like that.


oh and i saw a couple making out just outside the ring.. and the girl was in IJ uniform. hrmph.kids nowadays..

i think humans are such interesting creatures.

there was this mentally unstable guy in front of the entrance to the jurong east train station toilet and wing and i were positively freaked and for safety reasons, walked away. so did another guy for that matter.
And then somehow there were a whole lot of weird people on the train from jurong east.

this guy with green hair who must have thought his bag had a life of its own and needed a seat as well.

many people who didn't know where their butt started and where it ended and sat in between seats.
this guy who looked scary.. pale, with tattoos and drugged dead looking eyes..

some middle aged guy who couldn't stop swearing at some other person whom i think accidentally sat on him or something. and when i mean swear, it was "F****. BasTa*D.Sh*t.S-O-B"
he needs to wash his mouth out. with detergent.

And then i had a bitch for my driving instructor. why oh why didn't my other usual instructors save me?
1. i said hi and he ignored me and then i tried to make small talk and he was like urhm.
fine.. you don't want to talk then so be it.snob.
2. when i was reversing, he turned around and asked why i didn't do safety check.
dude, of course you didn't see a thing because you were looking the other way.
3.i was trying to do parallel parking and he kept jamming break and asked why i only turn one round to the right.
harloe.. you jam break, of course i had to stop. what do u want me to do?!i'm not done turning
3. i was making a right turn and then i saw other cars turning without stopping cuz there was supposedly no traffic and i wasn't sure so i wanted to stop at the pocket to check..
and then he was like why you stop? why you stop?huh? why?why why?
what the hell.. just tell me nicely to move if you don't see a need to stop. there's no need for you to act like i just banged your car or something

by then i was fuming mad already..

4. so when we got back to the circuit he asked me to do parking again and then of course when you're pissed you can't do things as usual.. and then he was doing his usual jamming break thing and i think i turned too much or something..and he was like..
you don't know what is straight ah?! why you turn left and right!
and then proceeded to turn the steering wheel with much vengence.
and so i reversed and then straightened my car..
mr yaya-papaya said: "now you know what is straight ah... then how come just now you didn't know"
thanks for the sacarsm.

screw you!!!!
i can't believe i actually said thank you at the end of the lesson. thank goodness for my shades i was wearing because i was rolling my eyes at him.
a smile from my previous instructor was so comforting when i saw him.
bah.

wen at 9:17 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment