Saturday, July 23, 2005

a visit to the home.

I really wish I didn't have to leave him like that. In his wheelchair, in his ward waiting for the nurse to help him into his bed. I, struggling to find the right words in the right dialect he would understand and not some made up 'dialect' of my own. What could I say? Bye, uncle.. and i won't see you again.
I wonder how he must feel each time he sees new faces around him. Waltzing in and out of his life.
All the old folks in their wheelchairs, waiting to be pushed around. life set into a routine. Some of them can't comphrehend what the hell is going on and I feel a pang.

I heard one sad story and it was enough for me.If only I could give a hug to everyone and that one hug could allievate some of that burden they carry.But I guess not. I'm no super girl anyway.

I don't want to be that way when I'm 80.

wen at 11:18 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment