Friday, August 19, 2005

welcome to law school

It is hard to believe that I have been up past the witching hour just attempting to read notes to give myself some semblence of assurance. This, coming from the girl who used to sleep by 1030 in secondary school.

It is only the second week of school and yet, in more ways than one, it feels way much longer than that.

Readings come in everyday. Lo and Behold the moment should you ever say that you've got nothing to do. Readings engulf you. It is just like history. Just much worse.I didn't start making myself a regular at the photocopying machine zapping book after book (sue me for infringement of copyright laws(!!))worth of french rev/hitler notes until i was well into the 1st or 2nd month of school.

My days have amalgated almost into one. School,library,notes,canteen,more notes and more readings.. Even weekends seem to be disappearing. Weekends just mean more time to catch up with work. I never holed myself up this way before until before the exams.

the library has started to seem like an extremely nice place. A matter of spending quite abit of time there. I'm on my way to getting my full time membership..

I can't imagine what will happen during the exam period in months to come. Mugging partner, I am so going to need you for help and late night suppers.

sometimes, you just feel overwhelmed by it all. Attempting to keep abreast. With notes, with everyone.Emotions too.Everything comes together.

But I'm thankful for the pocket of friends that I've found. The ones who provide me wtih much company and laughs.

I guess its how law school says welcome.

wen at 12:46 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment