Thursday, September 15, 2005

as the dawn melts away the stars

Beautiful dawn
Lights up the shore for me.
There is nothing else in the world,
I'd rather wake up and see (with you).
Beautiful dawn






I was sitting at starbucks attempting to read torts after my haircut armed with my coffee and muffin today. I pretty much ended up people watching each time i raised my head up from the table and during one of those moments, I saw ex opposition leader JB Jeyaratnam standing beside the escalator peddling his book. All I could think of was 'this is so ironic.' and i felt a pang at the same time.
Here I was, some aspiring(though, flailing and struggling) law student sitting there attempting to make sense of some fundamental principle of law and there he was, reduced to this state. one sun rises, another sets.
Somehow, i felt sorry for him as I watched him cajoling people into buying his book, and i actually felt glad that a few people actually stopped to talk to himm or even to get his autograph. after all, he was a prominent character in singapore's political scene.

Funny how life works.

I had a haircut today courtesy of a cute guy who reminded me of the jap footballer nakata. pity about that tattoo and slighly effeminate ways.






A perfect specimen of an ah lian
Everyone thought she was a haughty lady
Turns out she is just naggy
Looking after everyone’s wellbeing
But that’s because Shuwen is a mummy
She keeps filling up their tummy
With a single taste of her orange juice
I heard she could make people damn high
Missing it, her friends can only sigh

If only you convince her to get a tan,
Because her skin is as fair as snow white’s
But she would just turn red and bright.
Oh! She will trip over anything,
Just you wait and see.
Or you can tickle her knee
I bet it’s because of her good old cannon
The one tonne camera
That relic of a forgotten era

Every year she is as quite as a mouse,
Never one to be the centre of attention
But she is big on affection.
This is a big difference from before,
Where she posed in her bikini
On her daddy’s car ever so tiny.
She was only five or so then,
Too bad her exhibition days are all past,
But then again good things never last.

She wears more clothes now,
Along with nice jewellery and all
But I can’t get over her necklace that looks like gumballs
She said her size was a petite M
And that the colour pink was the favourite of the lot,
But never have I seen her wear the Mambo top
But I think she just put on weight,
She said it was too small,
And I don’t think she grew tall.

I wonder what she will think,
When she reads this rhyme,
Will she hit me when I come home next time?
I just need to say that she is nice
With a caring soul
And a heart of gold
Maybe that’s why she put on weight
But this gets better,
She owes me a letter!


since it seems to be a night for poems.. here's one from a friend of mine.

wen at 1:23 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment