Friday, September 23, 2005

linger

Ng/Flor/woman...

You've been a friend for 13 years and what would another year matter? It'll matter cuz by the time i see you again, It'll almost be another year gone by. And then I would have known you for 14 years.

never in my mind has the clock been so alive


We've been through some crazy shit together.

I hardly knew you in st.nix. But I attended your birthday parties, made you cards, was dumped at your place on wednesdays ( do u happen to remember watching toy story together? i think your dad took us to watch it), our mums knew each other, i saw you around in school, always in the class next door. Bad hair days hur: pigtails and wacky hairstyles in some swimsuit competition. oh, chinese dance! But I must be getting mixed up. My reel of photographic memories isn't in chronological order.
simple in virtue
steadfast in duty


My classmate of 4 years. PLim,MHo,UChoo,Laoshi,AhHoon,Loke... Teachers we loved, hated, bitched about.
All the drama about choosing subject combis. Those long phonecalls. The times in guides.. Every saturday. A few hours of crazy boring footdrill, insane pointless hankering after teachers to sign clauses. Those hexagonal tables in classrooms. Friendship drama. OBS. Crazy jumping fishes.Kranky Kayaks, Corny stuff. Mr Giraffe. Floorball fever inspired by World Cup Fever. How our blackboard at the back of the class was complete with vandalism (all those proclamations of love for random football players and claims of who rocks) I could never forget our infatuation with drama serials like huanzhu gege and HOT stuff like those national swimmer studs. ooh-la-la. Which leads me to that national day fashion show that I agreed to take part in... Netball carnivals.. That one day when the whole class felt as One.
Toilet trips with many ppl in tow just so as to break the monotony of class. Hiding in class eating during recess just so that we could mug for bio tests and covering those glass panes on the doors so the prefects won't peek in...

RJ. intermittent meeting ups. interact. You saw me through my J1 mid year drama. You were just there for me all the way. Silent. But I knew.. So it was then when we grew up quite a bit.

Baobei,Not many will understand everything that I typed above. And I could go on and on.. I believe that you'll love to reminesence too but I'll just leave you with this for now:


we have shared our morning days,
And Gone through all rainy nights,
Even in the darkest of night,
Stars still light up our way

Tomorrow is a beautiful dream,
A dream that will be fulfilled,
Cross the bridge of rainbow,
In search of the gold.

For here we stand, our dearest friend
Sincerely from our hearts we wish,
May streams of sunlight shine like rays of hope,
Hand in hand, we work and strive,
For the best things in life.



Till the next time I see you,
Enjoy this ride.

wen at 12:18 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment