Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Lost in Transit

I onced said that I loved airports. The excitement and the wonder of everything that lies behind those gates.I always loved to explore the place. The sense of freedom not too far away.. I must have been influenced by that particular advertisement whereby the girl twirls around with her eyes covered and randomly points at some flight on the departure board. She then goes off hand in hand with the bf. oh, how I wished I could do that too. Fly away.



Airports are symbolic in nature.
A place for reunions.
A place for break-ups.

I got off the skytrain from T2 to T1 and I brushed past this caucasion girl walking stoney faced in the direction of the skytrain. She left in her wake this guy standing, looking so lost in the crowd, biting on his finger, trying so hard to stop himself from crying out loud. My heart went out to him. What else could have happened? What else could have made a grown man lose his composure in public?

There was this couple embracing outside the immigration counters and the girl was clinging on so tightly to him, crying so hard. I could possibly understand what she felt. With friends, its easy to say, oh don't worry, so-and-so will be back soon enough and life goes on. Its different when its someone you love so dearly. Someone whom you treasure so much. Someone's whose physical presence you need so much.
I sincerely hope that I'll never have to be in that position one day.

And so, I saw wing walk through the departure gates today, walking towards the direction of her dream. And all i can say is that I'm so proud of her. As always, things take time before the effect sets in. I only started tearing when I saw her walk away.

To think that I have to go through this another time on Saturday.

All the best and I love you so.

wen at 2:45 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment