Wednesday, April 05, 2006

love and lost

Power Within. I have not heard this song in a long while until my girlfriend sent it to me and it has been on repeat ever since. She reminded me how memories feel in my heart. Warm, bursting with colour. I smile at the joy we shared and mourn for the innocence lost. The irony. How physical distance can make you feel close all at the same time. How she knew how I felt after everything, how i needed to find the power within. How much I realized I missed my girlfriends.
This may be cheesy but weren't we all suckers for this kinda thing a couple of years back.
I dedicate this to every one and any one who has stored away memories. Its time to revisit them.
I dedicate this to every one who at one point or another needs to find the strength and faith within.


you don't have to be afraid
we're here to guide your way
put faith in us
faith in your heart
we will light your way

we will find our shining star
if we hold on to our dreams
embrace each day with love and grace
experience life in your own special way
you are made for greaater things than this

when storms and dark clouds come your way
hold on as strongly to your faith
be strong and courageous in your heart
and you'll shine like a star
in the dark


i never thought i'll put this poem on my blog. The first time I read this was in one of my first lit papers, one afternoon in my memory. Never thought I would love it now.
Out of Danger
Heart be kind and sign the release
As the trees their loss approve.
Learn as leaves must learn to fall
Out of danger, out of love.

What belongs to frost and thaw
Sullen winter will not harm.
What belongs to wind and rain
Is out of danger from the storm.

Jealous passion, cruel need
Betray the heart they feed upon.
But what belongs to earth and death
Is out of danger from the sun.

I was cruel, I was wrong -
Hard to say and hard to know.
You do not belong to me.
You are out of danger now -

Out of danger from the wind,
Out of danger from the wave,
Out of danger from the heart
Falling, falling out of love.

- James Fenton

what is it with first loves.
that one odd feeling that won't go away.
every word, taken and twisted.
like a moth i fly to the light. and get burnt.
tell me when will i learn. and stop.

wen at 11:52 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment