Tuesday, July 11, 2006

rush to the head

I sincerely cross my heart and hope that my parents aren't reading this. For the half truth they got from me yesterday, I swear they will just flip. I would think quite a few of us are guilty of this.. saying anything but that we were going night cycling. ( which would entail going on the roads and praying hard that your ass doesn't get nicked by any random passing vehicle)

All raring to go off from ECP, waiting for the bikes to pass the Eugene Ngai test and then happily putting our lightsticks on our bikes. We decided to have some fun with the light sticks..


We got off to a rocky start, having to cheong sua because there were some minor route problems.. Think carrying bikes and walking through lalang and crossing drains and going under highways.. All very army like I say. But it was fun roughing it out. I like.

boon,shangren,daniel

the night when 'slow' wasn't on the agenda..


From ECP to kallang to esplanade to labrador park to west coast macs to holland v to orchard to geylang to the airport runway and back to ECP by 6. It was a WONDER that we managed to last..
kallang by night where we interrupted alot of couples. i'm sorrrryyyyyy....


happy at geylang


while waiting for the first plane to take off... we all look like refugees


All the downhills were so worth the pain cheonging uphill. Halfway up, with burning quads, you know there's no way you can stop because it just makes the going even more difficult and the thing that keeps you going is keeping the top in sight.. that one line in the distance. ( it was actually midly fun seeing myself cheong and then pass the guys even. heh)Going down, sans brake-less, gives that heady rush to the head, that adrenaline rush and then you feel so free. And I couldn't help grinning to myself in glee as I went down, the wind in my face, my bike picking up speed.
(Though I suspect I probably wouldn't have been grinning as much if I figured out that I could have killed myself down that AYE slope outside NUS by going down the middle lane without brakes.)



Funny how little things reopen that drawer of memory and then gives your heart a little squeeze and you catch your breath.
that one night i recall.
that familiar gaze.

I never knew how special that time before dawn would feel. The cold breeze, the smell of the sea, the distant lights.
one of those special moments i wish i could keep and remember.
I would try to put how i felt into words, but it would be but a feeble attempt to describe the intangible.
Maybe I could blame the songs which were playing on my ipod, but i just felt like a hug right there and then.

someone to hold me tight and make me feel like everything would be alright.


**********
Its pretty amazing how days fill up slowly and gradually.
Like how i managed to drag myself out of bed on sunday night for thiam's and keat's birthday dinners. I admit, for all my reservations after not seeing this bunch of guys for so long, i was nicely surprised at the ease that everyone had. It felt like nothing had changed since those rg-sji days.

here's to old times



It was awesome to hang out at the coldplay concert!! booze in big gulp cups.. trying not to end up having my face in some guy's wild crop of curly hair.. (he kept backing into me).. singing along... taking lots of photos and videos..my only grouse is that.. THERE WASNT ENOUGH!

countdown!

yayness

this is an awesome shot. like it loads



mini rgs gathering


the dust is settling.
and i'm keeping myself occupied. i like. :) though my mummy amazes me with her utmost concern: not my safety. but rather how i keep getting myself darker and darker.
i think i'm strong. i am. right? and yet there's this ocasional moment where at the very core of things, there's vulnerability. like superman and his kryptonite.

its always nice and fun to do spontaneous stuff. i wish more ppl were like that. cool stuff.

and this has been a mother of an entry.


//Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah they were all yellow,

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn
Oh all the things I've done
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know you know I love you so

wen at 2:05 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment