Sunday, October 22, 2006

you give me fever, and baby, what a lovely way to burn.

Weddings are awesome, especially one within the family. how absolutely wonderful as the cousins hit marriageable age.
I can never get enough of weddings- each one an affirmation of love. Each one a show of faith and commitment. How nicely, it fits with my little head-stuck-in-the-clouds moment that love will keep us alive.

a toast to queenie and justin

Each wedding I go for, each one I find things I tell myself never to do for mine. No cheesy powerpoint presentations, no tacky overplayed-to-death songs for the red carpet walk (think shania twain's "from this moment on"), no corny dimming of the lights and dry ice as the waiters come out with the cold dish. I always told myself mine had to be one of class and finnese.And the wedding at the Sentosa Resort and Spa had to be the closet so far to my ideal beach wedding.


It was to be a lovely fusion of chinese tradition and Auzzie style. Hanging out at the conference room prior to the tea ceremony was only to be the start of a night of exclamations: oooo... wah you're such a big girl already!" and well, an opportunity to check out the kick ass gown my aunt was wearing. It was totally totally awesome: slit up the side with feathers tastefully done, a rich blue... oooh lah lah.


My duties at the reception got me kind of hot under the collar(or lack thereof) after awhile, not only because of the stupid haze which made the place real humid, nor was it having to deal with the guests and trying desperately to search for their name while figuring out whether they were on the justin or queenie guest list, nor was it seeing the ang pow bank fill up to the brim, but more importantly, it was the bubbly on an empty stomach which got me quite happy and high.
and so if bubbly on an empty stomach makes me happier than usual, what am i to make of my stylist's offer to get the boys of the salon to buy me drinks when i go to zouk. it all started with prudent questioning of his, whether i could drink, and then a warning, that i really shouldn't be driving on that day and finally, an assurance that he was a perfect gentleman.

well done la.



the wedding dinner was done the Auzzie way, what with a 4 course dinner, lots of live entertainment, dancing and lots of ringing of those tiny bells for the couple to kiss. Of which, much wisdom with regards to relationships was dispensed during the course of the night: because for every successful relationship, there needs to be compromise and never go to bed angry... but then again, in every argument, its always better to win, even if it means winning 51%. No prizes for guessing which came from the fairer sex. And i've come to realise that there can actually be a happy union between a doctor and a lawyer as my cousin has demonstrated.

And well, I suppose I have every reason to be glad that I'm still 'young' because according to my cousin at the same table, I was young enough to get the bling going without looking like a hooker. (ok. um. yay?) Well, I'll just take heart that if everything else fails, I still have my awesome heels. I mean its got to say something if the bride squeals that she loves your shoes the first thing she sees you.
a photo whore moment. pardon me.but for those heels.

i think she looked absolutely fantabulous


justin and queenie


and we'll dance, my love, just you and me


pat chan with a lovely rendition of 'my romance'


random thought of the moment: i can never maintain painted nails. what was meant for the wedding has now started to chip already 2 days after trying to get them to look decent. my mum is convinced now that her daughter has no clue how to paint those nails of hers. well mummy, there's not much point if i keep chipping them right.

even randomer thought of the moment:
i'm very much the gal who lives for the moment and leads by her heart..

and because someone once told me this: " you don't get attached because you need to fill an emptiness in your life..."


My romance doesn't have to have a moon in the sky
My romance doesn't need a blue lagoon standing by
No month of May
No twinkling stars
No hideaway
No soft guitar

wen at 2:42 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment