Wednesday, January 31, 2007

summer skin.

Of late, I've seemed to have a second go at things.

2007 is essentially a year of birthday parties. A year essentially of social gatherings where you pick up where you've left off with old friends, exchange numbers and then start talking with the people you used to know only by name and used to recognise by face. Never said hi. but hey oh. time to exchange numbers. It feels like a second orientation.

mag and yanlings' stripes and cubes 21st @ SRC where i was completely knackered and burnt from wakeboarding earlier in the day. but yay to meeting RGS friends after eons.
It has been awhile since I last dressed up proper for anything. I remember getting quite tired of having to do so during the last hols for partying, dinners and what not. Slippers and shorts beckoned instead.
So yesterday was a pretty much happy break in between casual affairs. what can I say but dinner was absolutely smashing. I really appreciate mike banning me from driving and insisting on coming to get me , considering the amount of alcohol that I consumed by the end of the night: moet (on an empty stomach and during dinner), white wine, mai tai, b52 shooter.. it was a weird tipsy feeling that I had. a weird mix of alcohol caffiene and much sugar from dessert.
and i wonder how we all made it to school/work today.

shiming's 21st @ il lido
[i -heart- this place. the food is fantastic, the setting perfect, heard that dinner by the setting sun is even better and well.. the price is fantastic as well. but really, smashing date place if you have the moolah to spare]

where the guys look suave and the girls look demure

the lucky birthday boy

with tracy

with mike

tracy/jinghao/mike

weiyang whom I have not seen since JC
cafe del mar... which is my perrfect chill out spot

i heart the sand, the sun and the sea..( shites i could be the perfect propaganda spouting machine for the navy. )which explains why my mum has since given up on me and my forays into looking non-chinese during school term...
and my persistent insistence on us getting out into the sun and wakeboard. it has since been 6 months since we agreed on this. yes it takes half a year to get us to go wakeboard.

the girls were estatic. ours. and yes it actually had a name:
i like this photo muchly.all together now.
and we all can look pro. [but we so need to go back again and be at least becky's standard]
and this is the story of jared
jared looks pro// jared waves and decides to wakeboard with one hand// rope goes slack on jared//jared in water

* ok fine.. it didn't exactly happen in this order. i pieced the photos together.
obligatory photo whoring
and so concludes a post of much fun joy peace and laughter.
i love how the weather is turning out these days. much sun, and cool wind.
i love the crisp smell of the night now. the cold air.
i'm learning to love myself.

//this time
we take it slow

wen at 11:55 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment